Join me on Friday, February 16th (it's a PA Day for the TDSB!) from 2 to 4 p.m. to enjoy the last weekend of the Bentway skating trail! Come say hello and join us for a few rounds on the trail or to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate.
We've got you covered with
- Free hot chocolate
- Free skate rentals
-- on a first-come, first-served basis!
Bring your own helmet, and your own skates welcome too.
The Bentway's 220m figure-eight skate trail is surrounded by colourful woven arches inspired by the northern lights. See you there!
- Rentals are for a maximum 2-hour period.
- Sizes range from Youth 6 to Adult 12.
- Socks must be worn in rental skates.
- You must present a valid government-issued ID and sign a waiver to rent skates.
- Those under the age of 18 and/or those without a valid government issued ID will not be able to rent skates without their parent or legal guardian present.
New To Skating?
There's still time to take a free lesson at The Bentway. Here are some tips from The Bentway:
- Make sure your equipment fits properly.
- Skates should be tight enough to support the foot and ankle with little to no movement inside the boot. Skates should be snug, but with enough room in the toes to let you wiggle without pinching.
- Laces should be snug through the ankle area and bottom two sets of hooks. The top two hooks can be looser to keep the ankle flexible.
- Helmets should be worn without a hat, and fit snugly, low enough to protect the forehead.
- Wear clothing that allows you to move freely.
- Wear mittens – not only for the cold but they also help protect your hands in a fall.
- Wear thin-to mid-weight socks; bulky, thick socks can limit support and make uncomfortable lumps in your skates!
- Maintain a safe distance from other skaters on the rink, especially during lessons.